Evening Star Candlestick Pattern
The evening star candlestick pattern is composed of at least three candles. The first candle has a large body and is an “up” candle. The second candle has a small body, representing a spinning top
or a doji
. The third candle has a large body, is of approximate size as the first candle, and is a “down” candle.
Evening Star Candlestick Pattern Analysis
The evening star candlestick pattern represents a possible reversal to the downside. Similar to other reversal patterns, the evening star candlestick pattern is most significant when it is preceded by an established trend - in this case, an up trend.
The evening star candlestick pattern becomes increasingly relevant when the following occur:
- Candles one and two have large bodies and are of approximately equal in length.
- The middle candle – candle 2, has a relatively small body similar to a spinning top or a doji.
- It is preceded by a strong up trend.
- Confirmation candles are used to confirm the reversal.
- Overbought indicators confirm a change in market direction.
Forex Trading Ideas
The evening star candlestick pattern may be traded alone, or with a combination of signals and/or indicators. For example:
- Step 1 – Wait for a evening star candlestick pattern to appear during an established up trend.
- Step 2 - Confirm the trend reversal with at least one confirmation candle.
- Step 3 – Further confirm overbought conditions using the Relative Strength Index Indicator.*
- Once conditions 1 – 3 are met place an entry order.
*Additional confirmation ideas – confirm the evening star candlestick pattern when it appears outside of the Bollinger Band or when the Stochastic Oscillator signals an overbought condition.
Never Miss a Trade Opportunity Again
Candlestick Pattern Recognition Robot
Continuously monitor all currency pairs and time compressions around the clock for important candlestick patterns using the Candlestick Pattern Recognition Robot. Get Your Copy Today
Want Fast Robot Customizations?
FxSpyder provides complete script customization services with a short turn-around time and for a reasonable price. Plus, who better to create your FxSpyder autotrading scripts than the FxSpyder Programming Team. Contact Us Today.
Download Free Candlestick Pattern Recognition Robot